Professori / Professors
Charles Morerod OP
Curriculum vitæ in English
Since 14 July 2012, Conventual Chaplain ad honorem
of the Order of Malta.
Since 31 January 2012, ordinary member of Pontifical Academy of Theology.
11 December 2011, ordained bishop of Lausanne, Geneva and Fribourg
Since 2008, member of Pontifical Academy of St. Thomas.
Since 2005, member of the The Joint International Commission
for the Theological Dialogue Between the Roman Catholic Church and
the Orthodox Church.
Since 1997, editor of the French edition of Nova et Vetera.
From September 2009 to November 2011,
Rector of the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas.
From December 2003 to September 2009, Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy
of the Pontifical University of St. Thomas Aquinas.
From 2009 to 2012, Secretary General of the International Theological
From 2008 to 2011, Director of the Catholic Studies Roman Program of
the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota).
- Faculty of Philosophy of the Pontifical University St. Thomas
Aquinas, Rome, full-time from 2006 to 2011.
- Faculty of Theology of the Pontifical University St. Thomas
Aquinas, Rome: one semester a year from 1996 to 1999, full-time
from 1999 to 2006, then part-time as invited Professor.
- Blessed Diego Luis de San Vitores Catholic Theological
Institute for Oceania, Guam: invited professor Summer 2007.
- Faculty of Theology, Lugano (Switzerland), from 1999 to 2002.
- Faculty of Theology of the University of Fribourg, 1994-1999
(partial substitution of Prof. Guido Vergauwen OP).
- Doctorate in Philosophy, Catholic Institute of Toulouse, 2004
(with Prof. Serge-Thomas Bonino OP).
- Licence in Philosophy, University of Fribourg (Switzerland),
1996 (with Prof. Evandro Agazzi).
- Doctorate in Theology, University of Fribourg (Switzerland),
1994 (with Prof. Liam Walsh OP).
- Licence in Theology, University of Fribourg (Switzerland),
1987 (with Prof. Jean-Pierre Torrell OP).
Dominican in 1983, priest in 1988.
Born in Riaz, Canton of Fribourg (Switzerland), 28th October
© 11.12.2000, P. Charles Morerod OP.
Last revised: 24.8.2013.
Pontificia Universitas Studiorum a Sancto Thoma Aquinate in Urbe